Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where is this event being held?
- Where: The University of Arkansas, located in Fayetteville
When: October 1 – 2, 2018
Venue: Donald W. Reynolds Center for Enterprise Development (RCED)
Please visit our Travel and Accommodations page for more details.
- When does registration open?
- Registration opens on May 1.
- Is there a limit to how many people can register?
- Yes. Attendance will be limited to 100 registrants.
- How much is the registration fee?
- The registration fee for the Open Education Southern Symposium is $99, though we are able to provide free registration for up to 30 University of Arkansas-Fayetteville faculty, staff, and administrators thanks to the support and assistance of the Global Campus. UA-Fayetteville registrants will have until July 27 to complete their registration. Any remaining spots of the allotted 30 reserved seats will be rolled over into general registration.
- What is included in my registration fee?
- Your registration fee includes full participation for both days, shuttle service between the hotel and event location, lunch on the first day, snacks and beverages, and event goodies.
- I am a University of Arkansas-Fayetteville student. Can I register for free?
- At this time, we are not allowing students to register for free under the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville attendee registration option. If a student would like to attend the event, they will need to complete the general registration and pay the $99 fee. The OESS Planning Committee may grant a UA-Fayetteville student one of the allotted 30 free spots under special circumstances. Please contact the Planning Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
- I need to be invoiced for registration. Who do I contact for this?
- If you need to be invoiced for registration, please contact the Global Campus at 479-464-5024.
- What if I can only attend one day?
- Registration covers both days, and there is no discount rate for one-day attendance. Still, we encourage anyone with interest in open education to join us, if only for a single day.
- What is your cancellation and refund policy?
Please note our fee is non-refundable.
If you become unable to join us at OESS, you will be allowed to transfer your registration to another person at no charge. Please send all registration transfer requests to email@example.com and be sure to include the new attendee’s name, email, organization name, and job title in your request.
- Will parking be provided?
- We will have shuttles running back and forth between the hotel and event location, and parking is also available on campus. Please visit our Travel and Accommodation page for locations and costs.
- When will the schedule be available?
- The Open Education Southern Symposium schedule is set to be released mid-to-late July.
- What do I need to bring with me?
- The only things you need to bring with you are your enthusiasm for open education, something to take notes with, and light sweater or jacket for unpredictable temperature changes.
- Will I be able to attend via streaming if I cannot make it in person? Will the sessions be recorded for viewing later?
- Streaming will be available for our opening keynote session and closing panel. The rest of the sessions will not be streamed, nor will they be recorded for later viewing.
- What meals will be provided?
- Lunch will be provided on the first day only, but snacks and beverages will be provided throughout both days. Additionally, a series of dine-arounds are arranged for the evening of October 1. These are self-pay and require independent travel.
- I have a question, whom do I contact?
If you have a question regarding non-University of Arkansas-Fayetteville registration, please contact the Global Campus at 479-464-5024.
If you have a question regarding the event, proposal submissions, or UA-Fayetteville registration, please email the Planning Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.